It seems like life is constantly exciting here at Senhoa and that is how it should be!
To kick off, the glamorous, exciting stuff first.
On the 8th November 2010, Glamour’s Women of the Year Awards 2010 was held at Carnegie Hall, New York. The guest list boasted figures like Oprah, Julia Roberts, Hilary Swank, Chelsea Clinton, Cher and Janet Jackson. But most importantly, among them was Supermodel Coco Rocha in Senhoa jewelry! We want to send a big THANK YOU to Coco and her hubby, James Conran, for their support.
And then over and across the border, the Gemini Awards honors the best in Canadian television as determined by members of the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television and other industry professionals (similar to the Emmy’s here in the US). Actress Krystin Pellerin attended the event wearing… Senhoa Jewelry of course! Thanks to our dear friend and Fashion Designer, Thien Le, who conspired to make this happen.
Finally, Jenny Van, Senhoa’s Creative Director, has been cooped up designing a top-secret couture collection for Senhoa which we hope to debut on the big screen early December. We can’t tell you where and how just yet, but stay tuned!
AND NOW! Down to business!
I am excited to report to you, our dear followers, on the progress of a new project called the CCPCR Lotus House. A partnership agreement was officially signed with the Cambodian Center for the Protection of Children’s Rights on 21 October 2010 to launch this project, providing up to 15 young women with temporary accommodations. At the heart of this project are the provision of safe housing, gradual reintegration and the attainment of “sustainable freedom”. Our Lotus House aims to teach women the skills needed for independent living, help them find safe and secure employment and provide other needed life skills. To date, we have completed the following:
- Located a property in Cambodia for the project.
- Obtained permission from the local authorities for its operation. We are working with the Village Leader, Commune Leader and District Governor to not only operate the project, but to work in tandem with these government departments to make this project a success.
- Developed the CCPCR Lotus House policy;
- Completed job descriptions for our shelter manager and house mother;
- Developed annual work plan for our project;
- Hired a fabulous Project Manager;
- Networked with companies and local businesses for job placement programs for our girls;
- Received application from girls in need of our service. Our Social Worker is currently assessing their suitability for the program.
Our project partner, Mr Thy is to be thanked profusely for his hard work in jumpstarting this new endeavor!
That’s it from Head Office for this week. Have a beautiful thanksgiving weekend and we look forward to connecting with you again!
The Team at Head Office